Monday, December 26, 2005

12/26/05 - Wipers Stop Working in Snow Storm



It's about 6:30PM (very dark here in Central NY) on December 26th, 2005. I'm on my way home from my in-laws after Christmas. Visibility is terrible. All of a sudden the wipers stop. I call On-Star to see if they can diagnose it but they can't. They said it must be mechanical. I flash back to our 2002 Venture days when one of the criss-crossing wipers became loose and tangled and mangled with the other during a rain storm) After arriving home (luckily I was only about 5 miles away when it happened) I opened the hood and found that the nut that holds the wiper arm on the motor was missing. The operator arm had become loose because of this. I thought the nut was long gone but I noticed it sitting on the skid plate at the bottom of the engine compartment. I put it back on and had the dealer check it the next time it was in the shop.

No comments: