Monday, July 7, 2008

07/07/08 - Called dealer to speak about lens/paint and brake sheilds

On Sunday 07/06/08, about a week after the last dealer visit, I drove to all the chevy dealers and used car dealers I could find in the area and found several other vans (not all chevys but hey were the same body type) with the same problem. Some were as bad as ours and some were just starting to have the small crack in the paint. See side bar for a link to the photos I have taken of several other vans over the last few weeks.

I called the dealer back to tell them that I'd like the tail light lens / peeling paint problem documented since the paint/corrosion warranty ends at 60K miles. They only told me the body shop would give an estimate. They hadn't put it in writing.

I also spoke to the dealer about TSB# 07-05-23-003 again. He said he was still looking into the shields and the paint problem.

The dealer SM was trying to get the district service manager to look at our vehicle history. He said the DSM did not think it was out of the ordinary and didn't think he woudl do anything. He hadn't heard back form the district service manager regarding the paint issue or the brake shields yet.

No comments: